Kik Messenger Login: Kik messenger is an instant messenger app for mobile devices siimilar to Whatsapp, Hike and Line. The makers, Canadian company Kik Interactive, have made the app free of charge on iOS, Android and Windows Phone systems. With Kik app, users can send and recieve messages, photos, videos, sketches, mobile webpages, and other content after users register a username.
The inspiration for Kik messenger app seems to be BBM (Blackberry Messenger) as many users have spoted major similarities between these two apps. Just like other apps, it needs phone data or WiFi to work.
The main feature that Kik presents is that users have the option to remain anonymous. So if you need an app in which you do not want to share your number with others, then this is the app for you. What makes this app different is this very feature which does not allow users to be located on the service through any information other than their choosen username.
Don’t Miss: Blackberry Messenger for PC
Kik Interactive was founded in 2009 by a group of students from the University of Waterloo in Canada. These students had new ideas for mobile app in mind when they created this app and turns out that their experiment worked out well.
Kik Messenger is the first app developed by Kik Interactive, and was released on October 19, 2010. Suprisingly , only within fifteen days Kik Messenger reached one million user registrations. The main promoter is said to be Twitter which greatly increased the apps popularity
In 2015 Kik received a $50 million investment from Chinese Internet company Tencent, the parent company of a popular Chinese messaging service that you may have heard is WeChat.
In December 2015, Kik had around 240 million registered users, and was used by approximately 40 percent of teenagers residing in USA.
Main Features of Kik Messenger App:
- The most interesting feature which other similar do not offer is that users have more privacy and get to stay anoymous on the app. To register for the Kik service, a user must enter a first and last name, e-mail address, and birth date, and select a username.
- You can invite your friends and family members to chat with you. You can invite anyone from anywhere in the world. You just need to know their username. You can even make/join groups. You can send the same message to different and multiple people by single click. You just need to create a group of those particular individuals.
- When you send and receive messages, you are notified when they are sent and delivered. Also You can connect to other popular social platforms like Instagram, SocialCam to easily share your photos and videos.
- With the help of Kik messenger online you can set your status like, you are bored, in relation, engaged, married, feeling happy, busy, do not disturb etc. You can see if your friend is online or not. Not only this you can only see the last visited time of your friend
- The app itself is free of cost. The best part is, this Kik messenger app is absolutely free of cost. That means you can send unlimited text and sms to your friends and family without spending anything.
Since the users, names and birth dates are not verified, people can pretend to be anyone they want and give incorrect ages etc. Also Kik registration process does not request or require the entry of a phone number unlike some other messaging services that require a user to provide a functioning mobile phone number.
There have been many criticisms towareds this app. The main reason is because it is considered unsafe for use by children and a few cases of child exploitation have come to light in recent years. It is difficult to track online offenders who take undue avantage of the features of this app to conduct illicit activities.
Kik Messenger Online Login Without Download:
If you do, then you can get it through an android emulator very simply. This is the best option around and many people prefer it because an official PC version of Kik has not been released yet. When you go to their official site, there is no PC download option to be found. . You will have to download the app, and you’ll be directed to either Google store whatever the case may be. There isn’t any sign up ready for you online, unless you choose to download an android emulator
An android emulator will allow you to use an app meant to be for android phones on your computer screen by creating a virtual device. There are many good options but we will stick to the well known Bluestacks app and download out Kik app from there itself. With its help, you can use not only KIK, but also many other such apps which need to be used online.
Also Read: Music Player Apps for Android
For this method all you will need to do is
- Create a Kik account on your phone
- Download Bluestacks on your PC
- Download Kik on your PC using Bluestacks
Click the link. It will lead you to the homepage.On the bottom right of the page you will see a bright blue button with the words ‘Download Now’ written on it. Click on it.
Once you finish this step , by following the steps or by simply clicking the second link given above, your Bluestacks download should start automatically.
Download it and allow the automatic installation by allowing the file to ‘Run’ on your PC. Bluestacks will be installed in your PC and ready for use.
Open Bluestacks from your PC and type ‘Kik app’ in the seach engine. You will easily be able to locate the app and download it.
To Log in Kik on your PC follow the steps:
- When you have downloaded it open the app and you will be asked to Log in
- You already have an account so you can continue the same one. If not you can create a new one too.
- In Kik there is no login to online mode, that is why when you have a look at the website, you will not find an option of logging in anywhere.
- But once you have Kik on your Bluestacks emulator, when you run the app, you can log in from the same place
- You can use the app online by completing a simple sign up and easy log in procedure.