Grindr for PC: Grindr is a social networking and dating app similar to Tinder where people can connect with others within their locality for either online dating or meeting up and dating. The only difference is that Grindr app is especially meant for homosexual men who want to find, meet, interact and date other men in their vicinity.
Nearby Buddy Finder are the creators of Grindr app and they launched the app for public use on March 25, 2009. Even though it originated in USA now it has crossed all borders with millions of worldwide users. It is the largest and most popular gay mobile app community in the world with users in over 190 countries. Grindr has won the award for “Best Mobile Dating App” at the iDate Awards 2011 which only confirms the wide reception of the app.
It is available for all Android and iOS devices and can be downloaded from the Play Store or Apple App Store for free. There is a paid version too called Grindr Xtra which we will also discuss further in this article.
How to Download Grindr App for PC Using Bluestacks
For using this app users have to make a profile on Grindr with a photo of themselves and write basic information about themselves so as to describe what they are looking for in their partner.
Also Check: Kik Messenger for PC
The location has to be visible so that it is easy to find other potential dates nearby. Even in the User Interface, the list of men visible will start from those closest to your location. From the list if you tap on a picture of a profile you like, you will be able to chat send images and make your location visible if you wish.
So, before downloading the app itself the user needs to download bluestacks in their PC and install it in their PC.
The downloading and installation procedure is easy as the users have to simply follow the easy steps prompted by the application.
- Click on the link given below to download the app for free.
- Or you can opt to go the official website by typing in ‘Bluestacks’ in your search engine
- On the home page of Bluestacks ,On the bottom right of the page you will see a bright blue button with the words ‘Download Now’ written on it. Click on this button to proceed with the download
- After you click on it, the download process will start. If it doesnt, then you can try again after refreshing the page.
- The page will read ‘We are now downloading Bluestacks’ – They also inform the users ‘Your BlueStacks download should automatically start within seconds. If it doesn’t, restart the download’
- After a while, you will see that the app has been downloaded to your PC.
No all you have to do is install it on your PC. Just click on agree/Run file and the process will be done.
Bluestacks android emulator is now ready for use on your PC. Not only Grindr for PC, but you can use use any android app or play any android game on your PC free of cost.
There are only a few steps remaining to follow for the app to be available on your PC or Mac. Log into your Google account and proceed with the steps below-
- Go to Bluestacks on your PC and (click on the icon) go to the search engine to search ‘Grindr App for PC‘. The user interface will look similar to an android device.
- On the results page you will the first option ‘Grindr’ which you can recognize by its icon
- Click on it to start downloading on Bluestacks. The download and installation will complete automatically within few minutes.
Grindr App for PC
As mentioned earlier the app has Android and iOS versions but as of now, there is no official desktop version. So to get the app on PC or Mac , users will have to get it with the help of an android emulator.
An android emulator is very useful for situations in which there is a need to use the app on PC but there is no official version for it. With an emulator on your PC, you will not need any other software for obtaining all the Android apps that you might want. It comes in handy for people who do not have a smart phone or those who want the option of using the same app on two different platforms.
Users have many good options to choose from when it comes to android emulators. Andyroid, Bluestacks, Genymotion, Nox etc. For the following tutorial we will be using Bluestacks as an example.
Don’t Miss: Download Retrica for PC
Grindr App Features
- Customize your search to find your ideal man and save some as favorites. Those which do not match needs can be blocked.
- It is possible profiles of 100 men at one time, users can swipe quickly through profiles and view profiles for a perfect match
- Users can chat, swap photos, and users can exchange locations with each other.
In 2011, a new version of Grindr was released which was designed for straight people. Grindr App launched another similar branch app called Blendr, a similar app for people of all sexual orientations.
Since 2013, Grinder has a 2.0 version for iOS and Android. A few changes made in the new version are-
- User interface has been redesigned
- Improvements in stability , a new endless scrolling feature
- Larger grid images and a unified chat inbox
- Grindr Tribes- Narrows down the type of man the user is looking for, can be filtered by age also.
Grindr Xtra is the paid version that we had mentioned earlier. Let us see the features below-
- It is ad free and has to be subscribed with payment of a small fee.
- Upto 300 user profiles can be loaded at once, thus increasing the options for Xtra users.
- Option to block unlimited number of users and
- Use advanced filters like body type, ethnicity and relationship status to find ideal type of guy
You will now be able to see the app on the app list in Bluestacks. Open it to scroll through a number of profiles and chat with a whole bunch of new men who are ready to date with you!